Wednesday, December 9, 2015

You Say Car Pool, I Say Mommy-Push

While getting ready for school this morning I found we had a few extra minutes. We decided to Facetime our dear friend in North Jersey and wish them a Happy Hannukah.  Our friends were sweet, they sent us a picture of their kids in front of our apartment in the city because they missed us.  If only we were home to hang out with them.



As we were wrapping up the conversation I said we had to go as we are going to school.

My friends daughter was confused as they were getting ready for bed. So to speak in terminology this 5.5 year old could understand I told her we had to get ready for car pool.  "Ahhhh she", she said, "have a good day."

Then I hear from the other room here, "mommy, what's car pool?" We walk to school. Much like I did myself when I was in school, we walk the mile to school (in rain, in cold, yada yada).  We have the same commute to school in China as we did in New York (minus the 1/2/3 train as an alternative/short-cut).  Here we say it's 2 kilometers instead of 1 mile.

I push the kids in our double stroller.  I told my son a car pool is how some people go to school. Our friends in our building take Uber to school.  I've tried getting my son in on their car pool but he likes me dropping him off in the morning, go figure.  When we walk and he asks for a short cut I tell him he'll have to go in the Uber.  You go to school by the mommy-push.  He'd rather take the long-cut I guess.


1 comment :

  1. Aw. I know those friends. Miss you and your family, Ellen and I enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete