Monday, December 14, 2015

Search Renamed? Part 1

I might have to call off the search for General Tso and rename my search for custom made clothes. I am in the land of needle and thread. Many people assume clothes are cheap here.  Some clothes are cheap. But when you are not the frame of an average Chinese woman, petite, it is very difficult to shop.

I am in a clothes crisis.

In my 20's I embraced the popular term used as the "Quarter-Life Crisis".  This term made a generation feel better about not knowing what they wanted to do after college.  Being on my own, finding my way in NYC, a job, friends, what I really wanted to be doing, I was doing another search.  It was fun, though I am sure my family would beg to differ. I said fun, not easy.

Now in my late-30's I am struggling, and I use that term very lightly in view of current events, how to dress.

I'm a mom but I don't want to dress like a "mom".  And now moms dress so hip anyway; but I mean the image of "moms" I have in my head from when I was a child.  I am not going to an office everyday so I don't need to wear my Banana Republic Martin pants I lived in during my 20's when I worked in advertising.  And jeans seem so comfortable but at the same time youthful/juvenile. And then when I do wear jeans, which is 99% of the time, are they the right fit, color, style???

I am not one to wear leggings out for many reasons. One of the those reasons is because Tim Gunn said leggings are not pants.

I've been told the jean skirts I wear are too teenager-ish. And I'll wear black yoga pants if I am going to exercise right after drop off.  Yes I wear yoga pants and I don't do yoga.

But what does a 30-something work-at-home/stay-at-home mom wear and still feel like a real person, themselves AND is age appropriate?

 I am open to suggestions.

No comments :

Post a Comment