Sunday, December 27, 2015

An Oldie But a Goodie


I am a fan of Weight Watchers. When I graduated college and was officially living on my own I started to make a more active effort to eat healthier.  

After already being in the habit of journaling my food, a key element to Weigt Watchers success, it seemed like a good strategy for me. 

My friends and I were always looking for easy "zero point" foods that were filling. An egg white omelet with salsa and mixed vegetables was a staple in my apartment. At the time (I'm not sure what the point system is today) 3 egg whites was 1 point and veggies and salsa were zero points. You can imagine how many WW omelets I made/ate. 

My roommate at the time had access to the paid online version to WW. She kindly shared her log in (really it was her mothers log in) and I searched for recipes. Endless recipes. 

I came across this recipe below for Chocolate Chip Biscotti. It seemed like a healthier version of a cookie. 

I have a thin binder of recipes I've saved. In effort to purge I'm getting rid of recipes I am not ever going to cook or cook again. This recipe is a keeper. 

It makes 20 biscotti at 2 points each. Thanks old roommates mom for sharing your log in so many years ago. 



No comments :

Post a Comment