Monday, December 21, 2015

Chestnuts Roasting


I've seen them popping up in street corners, on the back of bikes. I thought I've seen just about everything, flowers, fruit, nuts and now chestnuts.  Apparently it is chestnut season.  Courtesy of the Shanghai Daily News, a feature article and recipe suggestions. I am tempted to try to make the chestnut rice with chicken and shitake mushrooms.

My father always got a kick out of us enjoying things he liked, for example, roasted chestnuts, potato chips and crossword puzzles (I learned in my teens that he would just fill in the missing clues with random letters to make it look like he completed the puzzle).  I am not sure he would enjoy such an unorthodox form of chestnuts in the recipes below, but I enjoy them more now knowing he liked them too.



No comments :

Post a Comment