Sunday, December 6, 2015

First First

I remember watching the New Years Eve celebration on TV when they show you the highlights of 12:00AM in all the time zones before New York.  Having celebrated New Years either on the East Coast or Israel there are always many more time zone's that have struck midnight before where I am.  Hannukah this year is different for us!

Another first first, we were the first of our friends and family to light our Hannukah Candles last night.  Unless we know anyone celebrating Hannukah in Korea, Australia or New Zealand, which of course there are Jews celebrating Hannukah there; I however do not know anyone there.



Holidays and birthdays seem to last an extra 13 hours for me because while we have lite our candles and said our bracha's and opened and played with our new presents my family and friends are just getting ready to light the candles, say the bracha and open their presents.  The spirit lingers for an extra 13 hours for us. Waking up and see my friends pictures makes me even more excited to see the spirit of Hannukkah span the globe.  


On a side, I follow a friend on instagram who shared this deliciously delectable picture of sufgoniyot from the shuk in Jerusalem.  I am not having FOMO (fear of missing out) right now I am just having MO right now.  Enjoy!!



No comments :

Post a Comment