Monday, November 30, 2015

Lite Reading

It occurred to me over the weekend that I have a random pile of books I am reading simultaneously. Normally I hold by the policy of finishing one book before I start a new book.

I brought back Gretchen Rubin's "The Happiness Project" from America this summer. It came recommended by my awesome sister-in-law after we were talking about being happier, letting go and Brene Brown.  This book has helped me reframe my mindset to live a more meaningful life.  It sounds hokie but really I have found went I focus more on being and enjoying and less worried about feelings and what I should be doing I end up doing what I really SHOULD be doing, what I want and it makes me happier.

Lauren Hillenbrand's "Unbroken" has been in my night table drawer since my husband finished the book and recommended I read it. When we were dating my husband re-read my favorite book, "The Count of Monte Cristo".  I feel, in turn, if he liked a book (and put it on my night table) I should read it as well.  I started it and it's supposed to be a page turner. But I seem to be turning pages in other books.

Sam Heilman and Menachem  Friedman's  "The Rebbe" is a re-read for me. Living in Shanghai and having Chabad here so much apart of our lives I figured I could brush up on my Rebbe history.

The latest New York Magazine, while being mediocre for months, we still subscribe to because I used to love this magazine. Our mail from the States gets express shipped to us every other week so it's nice to have current reading.

No comments :

Post a Comment