Thursday, November 12, 2015

Get Well Soon Challah


I love that I still get asked to be included in baking refuah shalema challah (get well soon), as we call it in our home.  When you use a certain amount of flour (more than 2.2 pounds) while baking challah, we are then eligible to make a special bracha that allows us to ask for special blessings or requests to Hashem.  It is a custom to have 40 women make challah and make the bracha to "take challah" for a speedy recovery for the ill person.  Hence why we call it refuah shalema challah.

I like baking challah and if it might help someone get better why not make more?  Below are pictures from our attempt without a Kitchen-aid and a new recipe to me from the Spice and Spirit cookbook. I need (no pun intended) to work on rolling it out smoother so the braids are smoother.





While we had our hands mucky we decided to try another of our pinterest Hannukah ideas. While we were in America I imported here 20 bags of my favorite marshmallows.  Marshmallows we can NOT get in China.  I ration them, no joke. And I love my son but I love him a lot to share them with him for this project.  



Shabbat Shalom and Chodesh Tov Kislev from Shanghai







No comments :

Post a Comment