Thursday, November 19, 2015

Homework and Other Rumminations

I helped a 7th grader with her homework tonight.  She said two things I never could have said when I was in 7th grade.

"I tried googling it in and nothing came up"

"Because it's a British school they spell things funny (says the girl born in France and raised in Israel and China)."

I used to have to use the encyclopedia to look up anything I needed.  We used computers to type reports. And when we finally got internet it we had to wait all night for it to connect to be disconnected by call waiting.

On a side note: I just paid $1 for a laffy taffy which in the States and advertised on the laffy taffy I bought today 3 for 99 cents.

My kid is a choco-holic.  We need a serious intervention/detox.

My daughter agrees, Chinese drives are crazy.  She can't even watch!


No comments :

Post a Comment