Sunday, November 22, 2015

Loose Change

In the spirit of  my natural nature of decluttering and Marie Kondo's book Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up.  I've been making an effort to keep the piece of furniture in our entry way clean and useful.  We have four drawers.  One true holds pens, paint brushes, markers.  Two holds business cards, important information for getting around Shanghai and shops and receipts as they accumulate thru the week. Three has hats and kippahs for the kids (all handmade by my mom; we are ready for cold weather).  Four has sunglasses.  We have quiet the sunglasses collection.

A sandwich bag full of small change had accumulated in our entry way drawer.  I have not seen any penny arcade machines at the local stores or banks.  Clearly TD Bank may have the edge on this machine.  That might be the only edge up TD Bank has as it is the most inconvenient bank but that is another post for another time.

Meanwhile I had taken my sandwich bag of change to a bank near our apartment that I knew had a receptionist who spoke English.  She thought I wanted to deposit the change into my account which I did not want to do. She then directed me to either Lawson's or 7-Eleven.  She said they could help me.  Conveniently the 7-Eleven was just a few stores away.  The woman at 7-Eleven was more than happy to help me. My total was 30 RMB, which seems like alot in dollars but really was $4 but now I don't have the loose change in my drawers.




No comments :

Post a Comment