Thursday, November 26, 2015

FOMO

I am feeling gluttonous without having eaten of your delicious captured side dishes of turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, apple pie, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie.  Thank you Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter for that.  I officially suffering from fomo (fear of missing out).

I missed the traffic headache, I miss the sitting around all day Thursday watching the parade, avoiding football (I hate football) and the shopping.  I don't even know where to begin on where I would shop online if I were State side. I don't need anything but finding a good deal is always pleasing.  I am trolling my favorite stores to make sure I am not missing anything but who can tell without trying it on.

To counter my fomo of shopping I have been shopping in my closet.  I am purging clothes, again, so I can see what I really have, what I really wear and what I really want to wear.  So when we return for our visit next summer I'll have a Black Friday Summer Spending I guess.  I purged my clothes as we packed up our apartment before we moved to China.  What would the benefit of putting clothes in storage for 2 years if I wasn't going to wear it?  So I either packed or donated it.  I did go to the fabric market on Thursday to get measured and fitted for a cashmere coat for $160.  We'll see in 10 days when I go back for a fitting how it measures up.  Picture update to come.

In short, I guess I am better off without the calorie intake but it sure looked delicious when I facetimed with my family around the table this morning (your Thursday night).

Gobble Gobble.

No comments :

Post a Comment