Sunday, June 21, 2015

Thanks to Readers Like You...

A friend emailed me today on Facebook. We have an amazing mutual friend who introduced us and we have been friends since. We all know how it is (at least I hope you do and if not then now you have insight into my Facebook habits) life gets busy, people change jobs, move out of town, you just talk less. I've come to rely on Facebook status' and Instagram for friend updates.

I love it.

I love seeing what's happening in your lives without having to email all the friends Facebook has suggested for me from all the different stages in my life. My growing up friends, my sorority sisters, all the Israel Outdoors birthright groups I staffed (4), my USY on Wheels and USY pilgrimage friends, my old co workers in advertising and graduate school facebook has it there if you post it.

Some of you have reached out to me on whatsapp, started following me on instagram and emailed me.  It means so much and love hearing the updates.  I put what's happening for me and my family out there on a blog to share my experiences and adventures and facebook is the fastest and easiest way to alert you of a new post. But I also want to hear what experiences and adventures are happening in my friends lives.

I never really thought of it this way before but blogging is a one-way street, you get to hear whatever I want to share.  You can comment feedback but really there is no other road opened for return communication.  I guess my goal is not to just share but also hear back.  I miss you. I miss the changes in season (the non sweltering days in NYC), afternoons in the park with friends at the playground, meeting up with family, pool days, beach days, lazy Sunday's in a quiet city but it's also hard to hear back from friends on work, moves, roommates, running races, weekend plans, dating, family.

So find me on instagram (erf21) so I can follow you! Whatsapp or WeChat me! Tell me what's going on or send me an email!  So thanks Cheryl for inspiring this post and look forward to being in touch.

No comments :

Post a Comment