Wednesday, June 17, 2015

China Traffic and Multitasking

I am sitting in a cab when the idea for this post came to me. We have been in stop and go traffic for about 35 minutes on a highway, after rush hour, no one seems to have road rage, I'm late for my appointment, reading emails and it all cost about $6. Coming from NYC with city traffic bridge traffic, tunnel traffic, this does not even compare mainly because there are few bridges and tunnels just a VERY extensive highway/road system

How can I be upset??

My beloved takes cabs MUCH more frequently than I do. The cost benefit analysis for cabs versus the subway for commuting is about equal so it really is just a matter of time, do we want to walk to the subway or just sit in a cab. So I hear A LOT about cab rides and traffic.  It can be a great time to catch up calls to America or just sit in solitude (with all the traffic).  I am grateful my driver is not smoking, talking on his phone (which I a mean yelling at his dear friend or wife) and there are seat belts. It's the culture I am telling myself, maybe that's why I am so calm, surprising myself VERY much.

China seems to have mellowed me?

The P.S. is I was 20 minutes late to my appointment. They did not seem to mind one iota, made me wait 15 more minutes and then I was on my way.  All while offering me green tea.



No comments :

Post a Comment