Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fortune Cookie Friday, with a piece history...

I am starting a weekly post, special thanks to Marc "the Shark Rosenberg" for his inspiration.  I will be posting a fortune cookie saying and try and relate that saying to my experience.

I did some digging into the history of fortune cookies. Most of us think they are a Chinese delicacy but alas it is not. The recipe for fortune cookies is based on a Japanese cracker. They are flat cookies that have a fortune placed in the center, are folded over, and then the ends are brought together. They are made with sugar, flour, oil, and vanilla. Fortune cookies were introduced in the first part of the 20th century in the United States. It is interesting to note that they are not found in China, only in Chinese restaurants in the United States. The fortunes are written on a slip of paper and may have words of wisdom, a prophecy, or lucky numbers.

"Our deeds determine us, as much as we determine our deeds."

What effort I put into things is what I hope to get out.  Not always the case but I try to do the best I can, be satisfied with the efforts I put in for me and my good intentions will shine through one way or another.

No comments :

Post a Comment