Thursday, June 25, 2015

It's New Jersey!

New Jersey is awesome! And it is about to get an awesome new family! Not us, but a dear friend got on a plane last night with her family. They have been living in Shanghai for their 3rd time in 10 years.  They are both beyond proficient in Chinese in a mind blowing capacity.  My friend is an inspiration to try and learn as much as I can while I am here.

I am sad right now. More sad than I thought I would be. They are moving to NJ, we will see them again and very soon.  My friend described our arrival as a pleasant surprise friendship towards the end of their term.  I think now, of course not knowing what the next 1.5 years will bring here, but I feel spoiled to have started my term here with a friendship like hers.

Maybe the feeling, familiar. It think it has been very comforting to have met someone so familiar as we made such a big transition.  Coming from NY as well, having kids the same ages as mine and having similar interest.  People I have met have all been so nice and friendly. We are all in a similar boat. Jobs brought them or their spouse abroad, adjusting to a new language, culture, schooling, social life.

A new crop of people will moving here after the summer as the new "semester" will be begin, so who knows who will come but I know it will all work out but sure am lucky to have met this new friend.

No comments :

Post a Comment