Sunday, June 28, 2015

Breasts and Chicken Breasts

For about 2 months now, my 4 year old son, when asked what he likes to eat, responds: "breasts, chicken breasts, ketchup, french fries and chocolate chips."  In the next sentence he'll tell you that he wants to become a vegetarian.  His very dear friend is a vegetarian.  I told my son if he will eat kale chips and chick peas I will cater to his desire to be a vegetarian.  Two months later he has yet to try kale chips or chick peas so I think we are still carnivores.

With that said, I think I am a vegetarian (again, throw back to my teens).  Pretty much every night we have chicken with some sort of stir fry vegetables.  It's delicious, don't get me wrong, but every night I debate whether or not I want to eat chicken as I don't want to "limit" myself to have to wait 3 hours to have dairy afterwards.

What dairy, you ask? Hot Chocolate, that's it! It's not like we keep a freezer full of ice cream, which we can if we wanted Hagen Daz or even Ben and Jerry's but we don't.  But every night when I think about what I am going to eat for dinner (since it isn't going to Gan Asia, Deli Kasbah or Amsterdam Burger Company) I weigh my options. And I'd say 5 out of 7 nights I won't eat the chicken.  I'll have tofu instead or soup or anything that will keep my door open to have hot chocolate.

And I wonder why my 4 year old loves chicken breasts? Or do I wonder why he is consider giving it up?


No comments :

Post a Comment