Thursday, October 8, 2015

From Israel with Love...

After more than 10,000 miles (round trip via Moscow, Russia) we have returned from our 2 week visit to Israel from my amazing 12-year old twin nieces Bat-Mitzvah celebration.  It was the first time in nearly 2 years my brothers and I have been together with their wives, kids and our mom.  It was, as my 4.5 year old says, F-U-N-O, funo.

I knew coming back from the States that I would be seeing my family again in 4 weeks for the Bat-Mitzvah.  It made saying goodbye in August a little easier.  I kept forgetting while I was in Israel that I traveled from China not New York.  We saw friends and family and they'd ask about China and it was like I had a mental void and felt as if I was traveling from our life in New York.  I was like "right...China, that's where we flew from!" The last days together I had to remind myself that we were flying back here and not to New York like my brother.

My kids are way more traveled than I EVER was at their age.  My first trip to Israel was the summer of 1996 with USY Italy/Israel Pilgramage.  Then I thought I was so lucky that I was finally able to travel to Israel and see the sights and history that I've learned so much about growing up and are such an important part of the Jewish People.  Then not knowing, two of my brothers would later move their, get married and have kids and then be lucky enough to travel back for visits and simchas.  My kids have already been to Israel twice and they aren't even 2 and 5 yet.

We made in back to Shanghai. Aside from visiting the airport in Russia, I think the jet-lag to Israel from here might be a little easier too. My son did not what to leave.  As he said, "everything is so fun here and kosher and my cousins are here."

No comments :

Post a Comment