Thursday, October 29, 2015

Acupuncuture, Cupping, Endermolgie Massage and more...

Everything is an experience here. Going to the supermarket, getting your hair blown out, crossing the street.  Today I had a first, something I never knew existed until I came to China, endermolgie.  I've had acupuncture, massages and I know Gwyneth Paltrow was into cupping at time.  Today I went with a friend to the Manicure Market.  I've been to the fabric market, the shoe market, the knock-off market but a manicure market? For 10RMB, which is about $1.50 you can get a manicure and for 60RMB ($9.20) you can get a gel manicure.

But I digress.  A friend took me today to a place that had a package and the deal came out to about 80RMB a time. We figured even if the endermolgie doesn't work we get a good massage out of the time.

Endermolgie gist is to rid your body of cellulite and tighten the skin in your body.  The clinicians in the States claim 6-10 treatments and you'll see long lasting results (not forever but long lasting). Heck I was in it for the experience.  What it really felt like? It was like taking a round hair diffuser and attaching it to a vacuum and pressing really hard around your area of interest, whether it be your thighs, stomach or butt.  It felt like a different kind of massage.

I almost forgot one of the highlights! They use an oil that, when rubbed into your skin with the above  machine, makes your body feel like it's on fire. My friend described it as feeling spicy.  I choose on fire.  When they are complete with the vacuuming and rubbing they wrap your legs in saran wrap and send you home.  We are supposed to remove the saran wrap after and hour.

Many of you are probably asking, why would someone pay for this? and for multiple encounters? I do not know but by the time we left there was a line of woman waiting for their appointments and watching mine as it was happening (because we are in the manicure market and they just had curtain for privacy and all the treatment tables are in same room).

Needless to say my legs look like were hit by dozen tennis balls.  Below is a picture of on-lookers waiting their turn and of the treatment advertised online.


No comments :

Post a Comment