Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Victory Day

Tomorrow is a holiday in China, Victory Day. This holiday marks the 70th anniversary of China’s ‘contribution and sacrifice’ in the fight against fascism in the second world war.  Schools and banks are closed. We are very much looking forward to having the day together, less jet-lagged and more functioning.

The holidays here come with a catch.   As noted in this Wall Street Journal blog, if you are off on Thursday for Victory Day, you have to go into work either on Saturday or Sunday that weekend to make up the day.  It does not seem so much that this is a "holiday" in my eyes.  No school Sunday and looking for entertainment for my kids.

I will consider Victory Day a victory on Sunday night if I am both my kids remain overall happy, entertained and don't cry at the same time.

No comments :

Post a Comment