Sunday, September 20, 2015

Squeezing into Your Favorite Jeans

I will say that readjusting back to China has been much like fitting into my favorite pair of jeans.  Perhaps you can relate to this (and if not, well lucky you).  I have had a pair of jeans for about 2 years (a newer favorite). I bought them right before I was pregnant with my daughter.  Now when I put them on it requires to some stretching and squatting but it's worth it because they actually feel good (the first wear post wash is always snug) and are comfortable.

Being back in China seems to be harder readjusting then the actual adjusting when we moved here in March.  Perhaps I have been doing photo posts because (1) it's fun and (2) I have been having a hard time finding the words to our readjustment, until now.  We are back and yes it is familiar like that pair of jeans. I like looking at them in my closet much like I enjoy experiencing Shanghai has to offer.  Getting in to the jeans requires some work but in the end the pay off is worth it.  It is a different kind of hard coming to Shanghai this time.  We started looking at International Schools for our son.  Socially not much has changed. No new families seemed to have moved in our neighborhood or joined our sons class and with the Jewish holidays we aren't getting quiet into a groove yet.

So all I can do is stretch and squat and know that it will feel good and comfortable again....

No comments :

Post a Comment