Saturday, September 5, 2015

Bento Box

This post as nothing to do with a Bento Box* but I can't help but call the box that was delivered to me a Bento Box.  I am trying to streamline my grocery shopping. This website that I order from,
Kate and Kimi,  caters to ex-pats and has a huge variety of products.  There is an option to select an
"easy box". Based on the number of people you are feeding you can basically get a surprise box of whatever is in season.  Friday we had our first "easy box" delivered.  I am so excited to report for 155 RMB ($23) we got a ton, A TON of amazing produce.  From lettuce, kale and raddishes, to okra, maitake mushrooms and mint. I was so excited for the value and the product to start cooking.  Granted it probably all tastes similarly as I am stir-frying it all but it is fresh and easy and loving my bento box.


*definition source dictionary.com: a partitioned lacquered or decorated box made of wood or other materialin which a meal consisting of various types of Asian food (bento) is served;also called obento

No comments :

Post a Comment