Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Never the Same Weather....


Really the weather when I step out on the balcony to "feel" what the day might be like is nothing what is like when actually walk out of our building 15 minutes later and certainly not the same as when I go out at noon and again in the late afternoon.  It has changed from overcast to sunny to torrential downpour. I am never prepared so I am over prepared, with the exception of rain gear. I have surrendered that I will get wet.  I will not melt.  I can change my clothes when I get home.

My son learned a song he sings at morning circle at school in New York called "What's the weather?" It goes something like this and I will spare your the audio version sung by me:

What's the weather, what's the weather, what's the weather like today?
Is it sunny, is it cloudy, what's the weather like today?

You get it.  We find ourselves discussing the weather a lot. It seems to be one of the safer zones of conversation to have with my 4 year old. I prefer it sometimes than the usual: where do babies come from? What happens when we die? are you old? what's an errand? When are we going home? What's a mummy? How can I transformer into rescue bot? What happened to those buildings that fell down (in reference to the 750 piece puzzle we are doing "together" of the skyline of Manhattan? What is jail? Why isn't it morning time yet?

If our son ends up being a meteorologist I'd be OK with that.  Meteorologist also have one of the best job security I know.  Get the weather wrong and still have a job AND people still tune in to watch your forecast.  

So when you come and visit I recommend you bring a sweater, comfortable shoes and some tank tops.  See you soon!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment