Tuesday, May 19, 2015

How Does that Make You Feel?

Everyone here uses emoticons.  I seem to be a late adapter to emoticons. I am still reluctant to embrace them.   Not just smiley faces but birthday cakes, China flags, Kung Fu even has its own set of feelings.  I still use the semicolon closed parentheses for my "wink".  Whatsapp and WeChat have made readily available to emote.  If only blogspot had emoticons I could give you an example but I have not figured that out yet...

On the topic of feelings, I was emailing with a friend from New York.  She was writing how she has
been reading my blog to see how we are doing but she wanted to know if I am happy.

"the funny thing is that I can't tell if you're happy or not!!
 I hope you are! So what's it really like?"

I am happy. Devoted. Lonely. Excited. Involved. Sad. Unsure. Joyful. Empowered. Supported. Supportive. Lucky.

This is just a short list of adjectives that I would use to describe how I am feeling. With life it is always changing. Depends on the day. Depends on the mood of the kids. Many variables to consider. Life here is comfortable and familiar yet very different from home. My Jewish community here is VERY different from home. And I am learning those differences. Post to come at a later date.

I think over the the last few years I have learned that my feelings are not forever. For the good and for the bad. So I am learning to enjoy the highs as highs and the lows will pass. And thank god for whoever developed the technology to FaceTime.

In short, I tell my friend, via this blog. I am happy. It is really like what I write here in my posts.





No comments :

Post a Comment