Sunday, May 3, 2015

Lost and Not Found

I lost my phone and it has not been found.  It is somewhere inside the JCC building in Hong Kong. So if anyone reading this comes upon my phone feel free to give me a heads up and I'll direct you where to mail it.  (it's an Apple iphone 5 with a purple on purple Otterbox case)

In the meantime, I had 4 days of no phone.  In the words of Gaspard and Lisa (yes, a British kids show) "Catastrophe!!"  I would not say I am addicted (though people who live with me would probably disagree) to my phone but I would say I have a strong dependency to be connected and communicate with my people.  Without it I felt very challenged to be in touch.  Understanding we survived a LONG time with out smart phones, let alone cell phones it was a challenge even to find out what time it was at some points!

For now the situation is resolved and I am learning the ways of a new phone and praying my data was saved and transfered.  We are back in Shanghai and I am back to blogging.

Flying back to Shanghai our flight was delayed nearly 2 hours.  Right, 2 hours?? That seems absurd right? Apparently it is VERY uncommon that a flight takes off on time.  No seriously, I've heard people comment about flying here being delayed and not thinking much of it. Or even a flight landing on time and people be shocked, literally shocked by that fact. But this was a crazy scene.

Picture it: sitting on a completely full boarded plane (with a four year old and a squirmy 1 year old in your lap), no air flow and NOT one, NOT ONE passenger seemed bothered by this.  The entire plane (aside from me and my 1 year old) was sitting calmly not pestering the flight attendants asking what the delay was for or complaining about hot, sweltering how the plane was or how there was no food service on the plane.  Frankly, it was an anomaly to me.  

I do understand now how, when I mentioned to a friend we were interested in doing a day trip to see the Terra Cotta Warriors next month, a 2 hours flight each way, that it might be a bad idea...

In the meantime, you all know what's happening here, I'd love to hear how spring is shaping up, plans for the summe and LOVING seeing all my teacher friends countdown to the end of the school year!!

No comments :

Post a Comment