Monday, April 20, 2015

Shopping in China

Shopping in China is really non existent for me.  People joked with me before we left that how I'd never be able to find pants long enough or shoes big enough. Well let me tell you it's no joke and NO laughing matter.  Yes I can certainly and obviously wait until my visit home this summer but no shoe shopping, really no clothes shopping means I am just shopping at the supermarket produce section pretty much EVERYDAY (which is not so bad to be shopping for produce but not the same or nearly as fun as clothes shopping).

Old Navy is the place that is the most comparable and practical to the States.  Yes they have the high-end stores and even the Gap but the prices are just not worth the exchange rate.  The kids markets and knock-off markets also have clothes but to search the quality and bargain on the price....don't have the patience.  

It might just be me, but at the knock-off market the other day I swore people were looking at my feet as I entered their shoe stores.  After finally finding something I liked the highest size he had was 37, 37!!!! I am a 42 people.  Then I went into a real store in a real mall and the highest shoe size they have is a 37.  I am considering a toe-decapitation. I know it's not funny.  Even today I went to Old Navy and the shoe sizes were 6, 7, and 8.  I tried on a 9 for wishful thinking (the last time I work a 9 I was 14 years old)

My feet will have to suffice with shoes they are covered in for now...

1 comment :