Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Cool Things I Get to See that None of My Friends Do bc I'm Living Somewhere Cool for 2 Years

Firstly, thanks to Jen Luftig Singer for asking me to post this title.  Secondly, thanks for thinking living in China is someplace "cool".

Things I like about living in Shanghai:

-the Ex-Pats I've met so far are amazingly friendly and warm AND helpful
-the fact that my family is learning a very hard foreign language
-my son can count to 10 in Mandarin
-my daughter can say"za xichen" which means "goodbye" in Mandarin
-Shanghai feels like New York City a little bit (we still love city living)
-We love city living
-We have been here 6 weeks and it feels so much longer
-We have been here 6 weeks and there are so many parts of the city yet to explore
-We are eating healthier
-the fact that New York fall produce (apples, butternut squash, oranges) are actually in season in Shanghai now!
-We are importing kosher cheese, finally
-We are going to Hong Kong in 2 weeks and I can't wait!
-The subway is easy to figure out
- I can get my hair washed, head massaged and blown out for $8, any day of the week
-you can buy knock offs almost anywhere
-as a wise friend told me before I left, Shanghai is not like Chinatown
-I'm in China!!!

No comments :

Post a Comment