Monday, April 13, 2015

Free at Last...

Pesach. What can one say about Passover? This holiday is certainly something....and while I have admired many of my friends post about kosher for passover red velvet cupcakes or pancakes and ability spread cream cheese on their matzah I really missed having access to those items.  Cooking and eat for Passover was very much like cooking and eating for everyday in a kosher home in Shanghai....but with even less you can use to enhance the natural food.  My in-laws were able to send us a care package ( I am sure it cost more to ship the box to us than the cost of the items in the box, which I am sure were quiet expensive themselves) of crispy o's, coffee, and chocolate chips.  Those were the 3 staples to our diet for 8 days.

It took 3 days for my son to stop asking for granola bars and cliff bars and the last three days he was asking for more cucumber, carrots and bananas (of which he'd only eat with chocolate chips).

I think the older I get the less long I think Passover is.  As a kid I always thought the seder was endless; year after year, while sometimes it does seem endless, it is never quiet as long as I dread. The days filled up with activities exploring Shanghai and enjoying playing with our newly reunited toys but with are ALL looking for to school starting again tomorrow.

No comments :

Post a Comment