Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Search Renamed Part 2

Being in the land of needle and thread you'd think it would be easy to get clothes made.  But to know what clothes you want made means you have to know what clothes you want made.  I've posted pictures of endless reams and reams of fabric in the Fabric Market.  But you have to know what style and fit and which kind of cotton you want too.

I've had a few things made.  It's hit or miss. A great skirt, a so-so dress, another good dress and another so-so dress.  I am looking for everyday, comfortable and somewhat fashionable tops and bottoms.  At home the Loft has been a great shopping experience.  Alas there is no Loft here. I am toying with the idea of taking one of my favorite shirts and seeing about getting it replicated in various colors or tweeks in style but then how to decide which stall to take it too. And another questions at what value is remaking the item.  If the shirt cost me $40 in the store in NY, it will most likely cost me about the same, if not more to have it made here.

My mom is an awesome and big knitter.  Sometimes I'll find sweaters online and ask her to knit them for me. She usually responds that it'll be less expensive to buy it then to buy the yarn and actually knit it to custom fit.  That is what I am finding here in my search for clothes.

Jeans either have too much stretch, too little stretch or are just plan wrong for me.  I don't want to wear "Not Your Daughters Jeans" or "boyfriend" style jeans. I just want to wear wearable jeans that look good on me.

The search continues...

No comments :

Post a Comment