Thursday, January 21, 2016

And I'm Back...

I'm here and I'm back.  Perhaps it was the post-Beijing blues, or the pollution, that prompted the writing drought or the 2 weeks I've been single parenting here but I'm getting back into it not that we are all reunited back in Shanghai.

We do it.  We do what we have to do.  I've heard the expression and believe it to be true that God gives us what we can handle.  I think this is why, for the most part, I am able to enjoy the ride here.   It was hard. Being the only adult when most times I can't believe I am an adult.  Not having the family support but the routine saved me. 

Luckily for us, my cousin came to visit for a week while she was on break from law school.  The kids had a great time and I had fun catching up with my cousin and finding out what "younger" people are into in NYC.  My cousin is 10 years younger than me so I am relying on her to keep me in the loop.  

People say once you have kids one develops a new found respect for their own parents. I most certainly did and still do has I face the challenges, dinners, tantrums and creative fun of raising my own kids.  We did it, we do it and we'll keep on doing it.

And to get back in the groove I stopped at the flower market before Shabbat.  

                                                       
                                                           

No comments :

Post a Comment