Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Home Sweet Home

15 hours of flying, 9,000 miles plus a ride home down the NJ Turnpike we have arrived. Despite the horrific jet-lag, harder to manage than doing a solo flight with both kids, we are so happy to be here.

My Dearest and I have been talking about what will be the FIRST thing we want to eat when we arrive. I've posted about this idea in general about what do we miss most from America and how we can get just about everything in China. Now that I am here....I wouldn't change my thoughts, there aren't any major cravings or desires to eat cheese.

I was VERY excited to go to #Shoprite. The idea of walking into a supermarket and knowing there are 25+ aisles of kosher food options AND the food has a standard of regulation from the FDA was so delightful. It was so nice to walk down all the aisles not just the 4 "Imported Goods" aisles at Carrefour.

Aside from enjoying the Supermarket experience the other major difference in mainly am feeling is using tap water. Brushing teeth, cooking, drinking. Not a second thought to take from the tap. It really feels like a luxury every time in tun on the water and think how much cleaner it is that Shangahi. I am not taking it for granted that's for sure.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment