Thursday, August 20, 2015

Is it 7/11 or 11/7

When we are in China it gets quiet on FaceTime and Whatsapp (our most popular modes of communication with the States) around 11am until about 7pm. I always have to remind myself we are a day a head. It's confusing a lot of the time to think we are starting our day and my family and friends are wrapping up a day and when we are wrapping up a day they are just starting.

Now being on the other side of the time difference trying connect with my Beloved has been a bit of a challenge. Things get quiet here from 11am-7pm as he is winding down but the windows to talk are hectic as the kids are waking up/eating or driving me loco-I-mean having so much fun so it's not the most ideal time to catch up with each other.

For example, right now we are up (it's 7am) and Beloved is on a delayed airplane traveling back to Shanghai from a business trip and it's Thursday night already. It blows my mind, still.

To look on the positive side we have been able to catch up frequently this week from 2am-5am as one child or the other has been waking up for one thing or another. The kids did not get the memo: The sound of the ocean is supposed to help you sleep better #roadtrip #travelingwoes #lifewithkids #itiswhatitis


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments :

Post a Comment