Friday, August 21, 2015

Going Back to the Future

We are winding down our 58 day trip to the States. We will have flown 18,000 miles (round trip), driven nearly 4,000 miles by car and traveled between New York, New Jersey and Connecticut enough to keep EZ Pass in business for a while.

Things we've learned:
-My kids have adapted to waking up and not knowing where they are and not freaking out, as much; my son just asks every day "is it morning time yet?"
-My 16 month old learned where her nose, ears and mouth are in English (she knew in Chinese already)
-My 4 year old hates the sand but loves the beach
-My parents would have been married 50 years next week
-My brothers still know how to push my buttons and I love them for that
-I have awesome sister-in-laws who have made being here less hard and being away less hard
-I was told by my mother (of all people) that calling my Husband my Beloved in my previous post was "corny"
-Avoid dairy products before long car rides (more than 30 minutes)
-My family and friends have been so sensitive with our travel schedule and adaptability with shelping around everywhere and understanding it is not easy and in fact this is not relaxing nor a vacation for me
-I have some angst about going back to China for the "long haul" (til next summer as we don't have plans to travel back to the States this year) but I am starting to look forward to going back getting into our China groove sharing our adventures with you.


I will bid farewell as we head back into the Flux Capacitor.


No comments :

Post a Comment