Sunday, March 29, 2015

It Takes Time...

A wise brother told me recently "it takes time". No really, my brother Marc just told me tonight how it takes time.  I was telling him how before we left for this adventure many people told us what a great opportunity it is and how the kids are so young and adaptable they won't be missing anything.

I waiver back and forth on this idea about them being so young.  In the bigger picture, of course, what's 2 years of their life.  My earliest childhood memory was when I was 4 years old at my oldest brothers bar-mitzvah and apparently I hung to my mother's dress the ENTIRE time.  Though I am not sure the memory is from memory or the memory of my family reminding me of the event.  I digress, my 1 year old yes she is adaptable. Jet lag seems to be the biggest hurdle for her; that and keeping the Eastern paparazzi away from taking her picture and reaching out to touch her hand with their stranger germs.  She is smiley, makes friends and is already learning to do things when asked in Chinese like dance, clap hands and wave goodbye to mama.  My (almost) 4 year old on the other hand, I'd say is having a harder time.  His toys have not arrived yet, comforts from his room from NY and missing his friends and cousins on a daily basis.  Reminded by my wise brother in the bigger picture perhaps my children are more adaptable than I think as it has only been 3 weeks.  3 exciting and scary weeks and as my mom is constantly reminding me "look at what we've done already!"

No comments :

Post a Comment