Thursday, March 10, 2016

It was the Best of Times....

As things are winding down here, or winding back up, our balls are up in the air. Managing tickets, packers, movers, apartment changes, saying goodbyes, last minute shopping, traveling, etc.  I am reminding myself it will all work out and it will all come together. That is how I think I can remain calm, most of the time.

I am, as I think I have been for the past 13 months, making the most of this adventure.  The ups, the downs, the distance from family, the distance from family. It has certainly had it's pros and cons.

People have asked me if I am so excited to be coming back to NY a year earlier than planned. Or if I am really sad to be leaving.  

We are sad to leave Shanghai.  It has been really great here.  The interesting people, the changes, the adjustment, the learning, the travel. Never did I ever think I'd be seeing Shanghai, Beijing, Xi'an, Hong Kong, and Thailand, at least until after we finished paying off college tuition.  We are capping our stay with a visit this weekend to Chengdu to visit the Panda's.  I feel I am lucky to have come on this adventure and to have the time and support to understand what it means to experience it all.

I will miss contemplating my experiences and sharing them on this blog. I have a feeling my experiences will be much more common back home.  It is very bitter sweet to say Shangbye.

There is no life quiet like Shanghai, China.  

No comments :

Post a Comment