Sunday, February 1, 2015

Take It Or Leave It

A fun game we have been playing the past few weeks is "take it with us to China or leave it at home in storage". Things my 3.5 year old son insist on taking are: the empty penguin can that has my daughters puff snacks, our 2015 purple New Years Eve light up glasses, his flashlight, his sister, and some crayons.  Clearly not in an order of importance.

Looking around at our stuff, aside from clothes and toys I find myself wondering what things I'd miss having around me in terms of comforts from home and things that "might" be hard to replicate abroad (although I hear I can get EVERYTHING in China that we have here). So I have added to my take it list: my pillows, my duvet and blanket and my candlesticks.

Looking for your choices of 3-5 things you'd take with you moving abroad (aside from your clothes, pictures, books and your family-obvious things to me).

***update***
I have officially gotten rid of all JCrew cable knit sweaters from 2001 in a range of colors along with the matching and coordinating button down shirts.

1 comment :

  1. Great post! I'd probably take certain food and hygiene/beauty items that I know I wouldn't be able to get abroad (i.e. peanut butter, etc). I agree with you about bed linens but can't really think of anything other than the obvious stuff you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete